IFMA and the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), a global not-for-profit professional body representing the land, real estate, construction and infrastructure sectors, have announced a landmark collaboration which promises to transform the US$1 trillion global FM industry.
As established leaders offering extensive resources to practitioners across the built environment, IFMA and RICS recognize the need for increased facility management representation within the wider building and infrastructure industries. This collaboration will harness the FM-related efforts of both organizations to foster a more inclusive, robust global knowledge-sharing community and advance the visibility and prominence of FM worldwide.
Both organizations will continue to exist as separate entities, but will benefit by leveraging collective resources in areas such as research, conferences and events, and external relations. The collaboration will align IFMA credentials and RICS qualifications to shape a single FM career path with demonstrable professional status which is recognized and respected globally.
The collaboration was officially announced at IFMA’s Facility Fusion 2016 Conference and Expo in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA, on April 12, 2016. Further details will be unveiled in conjunction with IFMA’s World Workplace 2016 Conference and Expo, Oct. 5-7 in San Diego, California, USA.
- Raise the profile and standing of FM professionals globally
- Foster a more inclusive, robust global FM knowledge-sharing community
- Advance the visibility and prominence of FM worldwide
- Create a one-stop shop for FM professional development needs and a clear route for entry into and advancement in the FM discipline
- View the press release »
- IFMA-RICS collaboration information sheet »
- IFMA-RICS collaboration frequently asked questions »
- Collaboration announcement and commentary from IFMA chair and CEO (as featured in the May/June issue of IFMA’s FMJ magazine) »
How you can help
- Continue to socialize news of the collaboration among the FM community
- Share questions, thoughts and suggestions on what you’d like to see as a result of the collaboration with IFMA at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provide testimonials on how you anticipate this collaboration will help meet the needs of the FM industry by contacting email@example.com
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
RICS Chief Executive Sean Tompkins (left) and IFMA President and CEO Tony Keane (right) sign collaboration agreement on stage during IFMA’s Facility Fusion Conference and Expo in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA on April 12, 2016